Commencement Checklist - National Commencement
1. Register for the Night Owl Network, an exclusive community for WGU Alumni. You can easily connect with alumni near you, find or be an industry mentor, join professional and personal interest groups -- even find jobs and connect personally with our career professionals.
2. Review the commencement ceremony participation guidelines to find out if you are eligible to walk in the upcoming commencement ceremony. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
3. Graduating students who have completed all their program requirements need to apply for graduation, which is a different process than the ceremony rsvp form. Please speak to your faculty mentor about the graduation application process.
4. Please fill out the commencement ceremony rsvp form to participate in commencement. Your rsvp reserves your seat and generates a name card for the conferral of degrees.
5. Place your cap and gown order. Oak Hall Cap and Gown is the regalia vendor for Western Governors University. The official regalia color is navy.
Bachelor's degree attire: Cap, gown, and tassel.
Master's degree attire: Cap, gown, tassel, and a master's hood.
6. Review your commencement guidebook in preparation for commencement (coming in June).
Western Governors University seeks to provide equal access to commencement ceremonies to its graduating students with known disabilities. Requests for reasonable accommodations should be sent as early as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because requests for ASL interpreters, special needs seating, wheelchair seating and wheelchair transport require significant time to arrange and implement, these requests should be received by WGU no later than 72 hours prior to the commencement ceremony.